Dreams of leaving



That Leaving Feeling - Stuart Staples ft. Lhasa

Stuart S. Staples :
I get that leaving feeling
This time it's here to stay
I've been weighing up the pulling
And pushing me away
The past is so heavy
But it's something I can't leave
And this future is so certain
It just pushes me to my knees


Lhasa :
Is that your heart talking
Or just that befuddled mind
The people that you love
They change when you leave them behind


Stuart S. Staples :
But this rope that is pulling
Is whittled down to a thread
And if I don't start climbing
Pretty soon it'll be over my head

Lhasa :
We all have dreams of leaving
We all want to make a new start
Go and pack a little suitcase
With the pieces of our hearts
All those worries and those sorrows
We can just toss them away
Buy a coffee and a paper
And those step on to a train


Stuart S. Staples :
But I've been too long wandering
Limping around this town
With everything that's pulling me
Is pulling me further down


Lhasa :
Go make all your excuses
Go say all you goodbyes
But take a look in the mirror
It's the hardest one you'll ever find
All those worries and those sorrows
You can just toss them away
Go find a new tomorrow
And forget about your yesterdays
So go and pat your kids
And kiss your dog goodbye
Leave your keys on the nail
With the sadness that's in your eyes


Stuart S. Staples :
Maybe tomorrow, today looks like it's bringing rain
And I'll leave everything in order
I don't want nothing standing in my way
There are jobs that need tending
And the logs that are waiting to stack
And I'll leave everything in order
I don't want nothing that's going to hold me back

No comments: